Thoroughbred Auto Care
11011 Scaggsville Rd
Laurel, MD 20723
Phone: (301) 317-7886
Hours M-F 7:30am-5:00pm
Home -> All Auto Repair Services -> How to Change Tire
How to Change Tire Scaggsville, Fulton, Highland, Burtonsville, Laurel MD 20723
Contact us for All your Tire Repair
Thoroughbred Auto Care is Tire repair, sales, facility in Scagsville, MD.
Did your Low Tire Pressure Light come on? Our Computer aided diagnosis analysis equipment is able to get the results needed for your car and truck, high performance, classic or historic vehicle.
Check out our Coupons page for Tire coupons for monthly savings on our Services
that Includes front & back inspection inside our seasonal specials.
Tire Service Office Email: EMAIL US
How To Change A Tire - Thoroughbred Auto Care
- Make sure that you are off of the road and away from traffic for safety reasons, preferably in a parking lot and away from other vehicles.
- The engine should be off and take the keys out of the ignition.
- Set the parking brake.
- Open trunk and locate the jack and lug wrench. Locate the spare tire and make sure that it is inflated. Remove spare tire, jack and lug wrench and set it close to where you will be changing the tire.
- If you are near other traffic or vehicles, turn on your 4 way flashers and put out cones or flares for safety.
- Loosen lug nuts on the wheel that you will be changing, BEFORE RAISING THE VEHICLE.
- Using the jack raise the vehicle until the tire is off the ground enough that you could remove it. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to shake the vehicle a little before removing the flat tire, to make sure that the vehicle won’t fall while you are working.
- Remove the flat tire and install the spare. Secure the lug nuts and jack the vehicle back down on the ground. Tighten Lug Nuts!
- Put all of the supplies back in your vehicle and take your tire to be repaired if possible or replaced if not repairable.
Auto Tires Repair, Replace, Mount, Rotate and Balance
Car Tire Service Appointment Phone#: 301 317-7886
Our Service area covers these Towns and well beyond: Highland Laurel, Scaggsville, Fulton, Clarksville, Burtonsville, Columbia, Maple Lawn Farms We enjoy community involvement and helping others to learn automotive services like "How to Change A Flat Tire.
Car Tire Spares in Scaggsville, MD
MOST SPARES ARE SPACE SAVERS AND ARE NOT MEANT TO DRIVE AT HIGHWAY SPEED OR MORE THEN 25 MILES. Learn More about Tire Services in Maryland)
What was the primary reason you gave this service facility this 5 Star score?
I am most impressed with Thoroughbred Auto Care. I love the level of detail and feedback from the mechanic working on my car. They repair the items I asked for but they also tell me what else to be aware of for future issues before they happen. Their suggestions for improvements to my car are sound and practical.
J. G. Columbia, MD
Our car and truck tire mechanic shop hours are 7:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Thoroughbred Auto Care, Laurel MD 20723 301 317-7886